SPQR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Berenice
Senator
Senator
Berenice

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-25

SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Empty
PostSubject: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:38 pm

To make grow our character we get two things by killing mobs : Experience points (ExpP) and Skill points (SP). ExpP are necessery to go level up and SP are needed to make our character strong by adding skills. And, to add skills, we need... really a LOT of SP !

Actually, many new players don't know that, so they go day by day lvl up. At one moment, ppl dont have enough SP to take the skills.. and they realize that their character is weak. I think, we all passed the same way in the beginning ( I did Rolling Eyes ) Sooner or later, we all realized that SP farming is a part of the game, which is necessery and can not be jumped over.

SP farming is the method of getting skill points. The most common way is to do it at lvl 16, for few reasons:

1. at lvl 16 we can have good gap ( the best gap - 9 ) with masteries at lvl 7 which is enough to kill mobs.
2. at lvl 16 we can kill mobs with the huge spawn ( archers and bandits in Stronghold )
3. at lvl 16 we get new weapon 3D
4. at lvl 16 we can use teleport guard in Jangan ( for delevel )

I am sure that many new players are surprised to find out that one SoS bow lvl 24 or 32 is cheapper than lvl 16. That's for simple reason because we need bow 16 for farming. It's good to have good weapon for SP farming to kill quickly and make more SP in short time. SoS bow is, let's say, a minimum required weapon for SP farming. Of course, we can always do better, get SoM or SoSun bow, or glavie, or spear and top gear. If we have possibility to get really a good weapon, we can hit stronger mobs and get more SP. For that we need good gear, means to be well protected.

For your information, as few of us tested different mobs, with different weapons here are few possibilities of SP farming :

Basic farming
- weapon : SoS bow lvl 16
- gear : normal
- farming spot : Stronghold
- mobs : archers
- sp : 139 sp for each kill

Advanced farming
- weapon : SoS bow lvl 16 ( plus 5, full blue )
- gear : SoS or SoM gear ( full blue )
- farming spot : West China Ferry or Stronghold
- mobs : chakjis and tigers on Ferry, bandits in Stronghold
- sp : 310 for each chakji, 256 for each tiger, 190 for each bandit

Super farming
- weapon : SoM or SoSun bow, glavie or spear lvl 16 ( all max )
- gear : SoM or SoSun ( full blue )
- farming spot : from Downhang east gate to east and west ferry, through Hiyungno Land
- mobs : earth ghosts, devil horses, hiyungnos and ev. bugs
- sp : 590 for each earth ghost, 540 for each devil horse, 490 for each hyungno, 370 for each bug

And yes, we have to kill many of them.

Ideal conditions are to get tickets : premium ticket and SP booster ticket. Each of them gives additional experience and SP.

Try always to have full exp. distributed party ( 4 peoples ).

Important : YOUR GAP must be 9 !

This means that your masteries have to be maximum lvl 7.

This means also that you have to stay on lvl 16 and for this you have to do regulary delevel. Every time you make lvl 17, you have to die 50 times to be again at lvl 16. For that reason it's good that you can use teleport guard in Jangan or ask in union if any resser is free to help you delevel.

As you see, SP farming is a compex processus, but very much necessery, because since lvl 60 we need about 10 k SP for each lvl to do our skills lvl up too. There are many SP calculators online, so I will not mess here. Only to tell that SP farming should take about 3 months for Int characters, with about 300 - 500 k SP and about 1-2 months for Str characters with about 100 - 250 k SP. During the game and leveling we get more points, specially if we use tickets.

Take your time and make yourself big and strong gamer.

Good luck in farming !

----- Pls, any farmer, check how many sp you get for each kill, I might miss some points, coz finished farming long time ago.. Generally, I think I am correct with numbers.. still any correction is welcome. TY
Back to top Go down
https://spqr.forum.co.ee
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 1:32 pm

does farmers farm all the sp they need for lvl 90 and always have 0 gap or do hey open little gap in when they reach high lvls?
Back to top Go down
Ikou
Senator
Senator
Ikou

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:37 am

Berenice wrote:
Pls, any farmer, check how many sp you get for each kill, I might miss some points, coz finished farming long time ago.. Generally, I think I am correct with numbers.. still any correction is welcome. TY

Numbers are generally correct.

Demi_Fiend wrote:
does farmers farm all the sp they need for lvl 90 and always have 0 gap or do hey open little gap in when they reach high lvls?

It will depend on your determination. My experience is, I made 490k sp at the end of farming period of 3 months, and 0-gapped all the way to current lvl79. At the moment, I have about 201k sp left. I did some work on the calculator a couple of days ago, I'll need 401k sp to get to lvl 90.

Obviously not enough to make it through with 0-gap.

But 1X Prem Plus ticket + 1X Sp Booster ticket should be sufficient to make that remaining 200k sp.

Optimally, 600k sp should be the amount any chinese farmer should have at the end of the day when they finish farm at lvl 16. This amount will be enough to cover ALL your buffs, and maxed skills, without opening a gap for farming.
Back to top Go down
EphemeralOne

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 4:49 pm

Another thing, try to join a exp distribution party and keep it at max 4/4. Bonus exp and sp that way.. about 5% addition, i think.. If there's no free party in the union, use the "E" key for party matching.
Back to top Go down
Call4War

Call4War

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:55 am

very nice guide =)
Back to top Go down
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2008-07-10

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:59 am

This is kinda more of china farming 9 gap in penons what i will do good thing i am cleric i wont have to even attack asingle mob.
Btw i hope andreanne make farming tips for euro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )   SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners ) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SP Farming ( tutorial for beginners )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPQR :: Tutorial :: Character development-
Jump to: