SPQR
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.

Go down 
+5
Valerian
andreanne
Demi_Fiend
Ikou
Jude_Quinn
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jude_Quinn

Jude_Quinn

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-07-10

Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Empty
PostSubject: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:56 pm

Silk Road is a beautiful place. Even though you can spend your time killing monsters, doing quests and discovering brand new places, there is one more thing you can do: be a part of the triangular conflict.
The triangular conflict consists of three main characters the traders, the thieves and last but not least the hunters.
A trader’s job is to buy goods from one place and sell them somewhere else; making a profit in the whole process.
Where there are rich traders out in the wilderness traveling with expensive goods, there are thieves. A thief’s job is to steal the goods a trader is transporting and sell it in a thief town.
However, there are hunters. They are guardian angels for traders, but beasts from hell for thieves. Their job is to protect the traders during their long journey.
In Silk Road, you can be a trader, a thief or a hunter depending on what you wish to do.

I wish you luck no matter what your profession is.
Back to top Go down
Jude_Quinn

Jude_Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:59 pm

If you have any questions or need help just ask me. I'll help you as soon as I recover from my hangover. drunken
Back to top Go down
Ikou
Senator
Senator
Ikou

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:42 pm

Can you tell me more about the "Special Priced Items" sold regularly?
Back to top Go down
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

Number of posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 5:58 pm

There is something i always wondered how much of the trade price does athief get when he sells.I am sure its less than the trader right?
Back to top Go down
Jude_Quinn

Jude_Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:01 pm

Re: special priced items

The special priced items are trade
items (sold in specialty shops) for a cheap price. Just consider it as
if the specialty shop were giving away stuff for a discount price. It
is wise to buy goods at this time if you are going on a trade. Then you
can sell these items later for a higher price.

Re: thief profit

I am sorry but I cannot tell how much money a thief makes when selling goods.
Back to top Go down
andreanne
Senator
Senator
andreanne

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 8:45 am

Please I wanna know what's the importance of each job in a union like ours? And what jobs would be most helpful to our union at the moment ?
Back to top Go down
Valerian

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:28 am

In general id say that there would be 2 main stages inside union when one is thinking about jobs distribution inside union. One stage would include more money making that at some point (fairly far from now) would lead to another stage of delivering justice over money making. Justice meaning 2 main stages again where in first would be spanking theives and in another one would be controling territory once we hold it. Holding territory would mean actual control of territory in game, not like a turf idea; imagine it more like controling a map as we see fit. That is pretty far from now. Whyd you ever want to control a territory? Well so you rule it and rip from it what you want or need. That would include taxi control and bot control along ideas that are beeing developed. so id say in first of first stage in game and we are in that one, if it was up to me id focus on building max amount of traders and enough amount of hunters to support it. At this point we would not go wrong doing as many we like on both sides as time will chop of many of now members in union and add new ones. Maybe it would be a good idea that we start trading organised way and donate that gold to union. Like once or twice a week if possible. Gold would be spent for helping players who union gm's see worth investing in.
Back to top Go down
Call4War

Call4War

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 am

Doesn't sound like a bad idea at all Val, i just dont get the controlling territory part, how are you going to clean that from bots? send Andreanne after them:P?
Back to top Go down
Jude_Quinn

Jude_Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:17 pm

That ain't a bad idea Demi, Andy can kill 15 bots a day that's something
Back to top Go down
Call4War

Call4War

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:55 pm

im not demi :O
Back to top Go down
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 2:58 pm

lol i guess jude wasnt paying attention to who wrote the post i also for vals idea we need alot of capped players and if the bot bans keep up we will get rid of the high lvl botters which will give us abig advantage.
Back to top Go down
andreanne
Senator
Senator
andreanne

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:24 pm

I"m ready to do whatever it takes to get rid of them....pk? hmm sure why not lol

Well I think it's a good idea too val, and I think we should get at it right now while many members are still in in the lower lvls! NOw we can do the easiest 5* trade , so we need to seize this opportunity to build up a max amount of gold that will help us in the future dayz... My idea, "If something needs to be organized, let's not wait. We have the hunters, we have the traders, let's do it now." If you guyz agree please create new topic to get it started...

Last edited by andreanne on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 3:44 pm

yes andy i know you are ready to pk at anytime but i dont agree with you because there are alot of capped theif atm and we have 0 capped players atleast maybe if valerian shazza ikou and maruisz reach 90 there will be achance
Back to top Go down
andreanne
Senator
Senator
andreanne

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:14 pm

There is a chance... It's all about scheduling the trade at the right place and at the right time. YOu just named 4 hunters out of the 8 or 10 we have(u forgot B). Do you picture them all failing because of some capped thief?? Well I don't. Izzy, greek and me did numbers of 5 stars in the past when I was just lvl 66. And I did protect a 4 stars yesterday by myself. Look demi, we have a choice right now..
Take the risk and make the money necessary to accomplish our goals OR Fear the cap players forever, let our chance pass us by and be nothing but just another regular union.
Being attacked will always be a possibility during trades demi. I don't fear it, I prepare myself to face it, if it ever happens.
Sorry but I can't even find "fear" in my dictionnary.

Last edited by andreanne on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demi_Fiend
Senator
Senator
Demi_Fiend

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 4:30 pm

Yes no offence but its not your money in the trade its the traders money so you loose nothing...
Back to top Go down
Call4War

Call4War

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 5:02 pm

i do agree with both of you... the hunters are not putting any money in to it, but we shouldn't let this chance get past us, best i think, is first vote, or just see who is up to it. easiest is when we do high * trade, to let low lvls trade i guess,
Back to top Go down
Jude_Quinn

Jude_Quinn

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 7:34 pm

1. Demi I'm sorry about the mentioning you. I really didn't see properly who wrote the post.

2. Loosing their money is a risk a trader is willing to take. Do you really think that traders are rich fat blokes sitting on their camels waiting for the hunters to do their job (no offense guys).
Back to top Go down
n1ghtLife

n1ghtLife

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:21 am

i lost 5* today Very Happy
lest trade again :O
Back to top Go down
Berenice
Senator
Senator
Berenice

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 2:06 am

I dont agree that it's only traders money.. Do I have to remind you that I payed lost money to traders many times ( whenever I knew about it ) ?

Actually, talking about money.. I suggest to make a union fond,, sort of participation from every member. Part of that money could cover trades. Invested money, trade for guild will grow in the budget for items but also could cover lost goods when trade fails. Let's call that insurance. SO.. all ppl will be happy Smile
Back to top Go down
https://spqr.forum.co.ee
Call4War

Call4War

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:58 am

that even sounds better, there is a small risk though, the budget could not only grow, but also decrease if to many trades fail.
Back to top Go down
Berenice
Senator
Senator
Berenice

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 11:43 am

I prefer to say that it will grow, for simple reason that by my own statistics, it fails 1 of 5 trades. We have in union however few ppl, who are near to reach top lvl. Those thiefs outside won't be forever higher lvl than we are Razz
Back to top Go down
https://spqr.forum.co.ee
Valerian

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 4:06 am

I will try briefly say bit more about what i said. For safe trades we need top level hunters as server is already having top lvl theives that can take whatever number of chars under their lvl out, and they do that (like few of us experienced recently). In my belief reality on server is: lots of theives 90 lvl who frequently wander the map all the time. At this point we are at in union, any trade we would go for comes down to a point of beeing skilled and lucky in avoid such theives to make it happen. Dont get me wrong tho, i believe we can outcome from any situation in trade right now, but we would have to trade in different fashion in tactics than we do. It can be done tho with 100% success if we persist in chasing perfection in it. I gave idea to some tactics that hit me one day, plans on "how to" and if you guys like we can discuss them sometimes.For teritory control, if its about bot control it can be done eficiently by setting up trader traps in which you kill every bot going to certain fields before they ever reach it. It takes a bit more than just that to make it efficient to extent where boters would eather offer you gold to stay in game, or wage huge wars on you and try push you out. For taxi, in mind i have a strategy which would take top lvl chars to do it. Once you reach top lvl you can still make 99% over. Thats a really nice zone for mass pk's. If you controll your pk skills, youd be able to do 15 pk's and still keep your top lvl intact. Eventualy whoevers worth s*** would reach 90 lvl so at some point in near future we will have say 20 top lvl ppl, that gives you score of 300 pk's. Imagine what that does when you apply that controled to taxi givers. Thats a blow in their face every now and then and when the number of elite in uni grows up you get to blow taxiers with much more then that. In mean time you will grind anyway (for drops and gold at least) and reload your 99% potential and strike again. Bot and taxi control is something that comes in game for us in distant future but be safe that if we have enough stamina to live that long in sro, it will be reality.
Back to top Go down
Call4War

Call4War

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:34 am

thats really nice, problem is, nothing to worry about now, since we dont have capped chars, and we wont have in the upcoming month or so
Back to top Go down
Ikou
Senator
Senator
Ikou

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 3:30 pm

upcoming month, prolly we''ll have a few, but not enough
Back to top Go down
ShaZZa
Senator
Senator
ShaZZa

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Trade runs are getting more difficult for high levels, 2 much spying. For a guild or union trade run 2 work it must be swift and direct any pussy footing and we're Theif bait. Lets not kid ourselves we are not strong enough (yet) to complete a multi caravan and get some serious $$. But because I like living on the edge and hate all high lvl theives try as many small 5* trades as we can.
Bot bans are helping but while high level botters buy silk they wont be touched. On the subject of 'spying' we should involve a better form of communication or "Theif Watch" on Uni Chat.
Just to let my brothers and Sisters know out there, if u r prepared for a suicide trade run at the cost of your lives with the probability of getting into a shitefight with high lvl theives i say this......

Include me In Twisted Evil

[quote]All we have done today is awaken a sleeping Giant - Gen Yamamoto dec 7 1941 (Pearl Harbor)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.   Brief introduction to the triangular conflict. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brief introduction to the triangular conflict.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SPQR :: Tutorial :: Jobs-
Jump to: